Academy Team Formation
- Academy teams cannot be formed on the basis of talent and must be formed as true recreational teams.
- Academy teams will be mixed each season to improve the developmental environment and to place the focus on the individual, not the team.
- Maximum roster size is 10 players, recommended roster size is 8 players.
- Free movement of academy players is allowed in academy clubs to fulfill fixture commitments.
- Double rostering on recreational teams is not permitted.
- Guest playing is not permitted on non academy teams in U9/U10 recreational tournament play.
Academy- League Format
- Teams will play 7-8 league games per season.
- Games cannot be rescheduled unless cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. Cancelled games will be rescheduled by the individual clubs, not ISA.
- Games will be scheduled on Saturday mornings (where possible).
- Member clubs will be responsible for referee assignment. The ISA Academy League will not assign referees.
- Schedules will be posted on an ISA Academy League website.